How to choose a clinic for endoscopic surgery
You need to know as much as possible to whom you will entrust your health.
You need to go to all the clinics that the insurance company offers you for a consultation and choose the one that seems suitable to you.
Show the endophoto of the detected formations to the doctors who will operate on you. Look the doctor always in the eyes, you will understand how sincere he is with you.
- What equipment will be used during the operation? Preferably Olympus Exera 2 (180 processor) or 3 (190 processor). In extreme cases, 170 processor. Which videoscopes are 150, 160, 170, 180, 185 or 190 series? If possible, let them show, if possible, take a picture of the equipment.
- How equipment is processed – a washing machine is a must! If possible, let them show you, take a picture of it.
- How many such operations did the endoscopist do? Well, if more than 300 operations. When was the last similar operation.
- What and how many complications did he have during such operations (bleeding, perforation)?
- Technique – if it is a flat or raised lesion, will fluid be injected under the lesion to form a cushion (for safety). If the formation is on a stalk, are there ligatures to pre-tighten this pedicle in order to prevent bleeding.
- Which tools are disposable or reusable.
- Will the transaction be recorded? Or just endophoto ? Is it possible to pick up this recording and endophoto later?
- Does the price for the insurance company include a disposable instrument and histology of the removed formations?
- Are there tools and equipment to prevent and eliminate complications (clips, APC-argon plasma coagulation, injectors ), will their use be included in the cost of the procedure if a complication occurs.
- In the event of a complication, who bears the additional costs: a commercial clinic, an insurance company or you – medicines, urgent tests, blood and plasma, x-rays, being in the ward of a commercial clinic, etc.
- If a complication occurs, do they have the opportunity to observe in their own hospital or will they be sent by ambulance to a state hospital.
- What state clinic is implied in case of complication?
- Do they have their own ambulance or do they call a brigade?