Foods useful for gastritis. What to eat for patients with gastritis?
Gastritis is one of the most common diseases of the digestive system. The reason for the development of gastritis is improper diet, which led to inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach wall. Symptoms of gastritis are pain in the upper abdomen that gets worse or disappears after eating. Distinguish between gastritis with increased and decreased acidity of the stomach. With gastritis with increased secretion, pain in the stomach occurs on an empty stomach, in addition to them, the patient suffers from heartburn, belching and constipation. This gastritis often develops into a stomach ulcer, so it requires compulsory treatment. With gastritis with low acidity of the stomach, abdominal pain may not be present, but after eating, there is a feeling of fullness in the stomach and nausea, and sometimes diarrhea.
In most cases, the main method of treating gastritis is dietary nutrition, which turns out to be quite enough, therefore, in this article we will focus on it, especially since dietary food is prescribed even during drug therapy. At the same time, products are selected taking into account the type of gastritis. But with any type of gastritis, overeating, snacks and dry food are unacceptable. You need to eat in small portions at least 4-5 times a day. During the meal, one should not rush, and the food must be chewed thoroughly. With gastritis, it is useful to eat foods that do not irritate the gastric mucosa and help it recover on its own. These products include:
1. Oatmeal . For a long time, oatmeal porridge has been an integral part of the diet of people suffering from diseases of the stomach and intestines. It is rich in fiber, which acts as a laxative, and its mucous component envelops the stomach wall and protects it from further irritation. A breakfast of oatmeal with bananas, apples and pears, oatmeal jelly and sheep broth is also good for the health of the stomach.
2. Lean meat . The main principle for gastritis is that food should not irritate the stomach. Therefore, fried, fatty and smoked meat patients with gastritis must be completely excluded from the diet. Lean meats should be steamed or simmered until tender. It is best to make meatballs from meat or pass the boiled meat through a meat grinder. Serve dishes with meat on the table without lean and spices. It is especially useful for patients with gastritis to eat dietary rabbit or chicken meat without skin. Also, with gastritis, it is recommended to eat puree soups from well-cooked lean meat.
3. Saltwater fish . Low-fat varieties of fish in the form of cutlet mass or steamed chunks should be included in the diet of patients with gastritis at least 2-3 times a week. But when eating meat and fish, one must remember that proteins are not assimilated by our body without carbohydrates. A complete rejection of the use of sweet foods and flour products deprives the body of the main source of energy – carbohydrates, which leads to the expenditure of proteins for the energy needs of the body, and not to maintain muscle tone. Therefore, with gastritis, one should not completely abandon slightly dried crackers, boiled pasta and cereals.
4. Fig . Rice dishes have a positive effect on the stomach lining and protect it from further irritation. For gastritis, it is useful to eat milk rice soup or well-boiled rice porridge cooked in milk. However, rice dishes are not suitable for people prone to constipation.
4. Potatoes . If you do not monitor your diet and your daily diet consists of a cup of coffee for breakfast, a slice of pizza for lunch and pans of fried potatoes for dinner, then you should not be surprised if your stomach starts to hurt by the age of 30 or after each meal. heartburn will appear. Potatoes are a vegetable rich in potassium and starch. It is recommended to use it to restore the body and strengthen the immune system in general. However, with gastritis, you can only eat boiled and baked potatoes, and you must forget about the existence of fried potatoes, chips and fries. And the most useful dish for gastritis is mashed potatoes.
5. Bananas . With gastritis, you can safely eat sweet apples and pears, black currants, bananas, cherries, raspberries, strawberries, but it is necessary to limit the use of citrus fruits, grapes and pomegranates. Choose overripe bananas, they are easiest to digest in the stomach.
6. Zucchini . Zucchini do not contain acids and coarse fibers, therefore, they are considered a dietary healthy vegetable for gastritis. Stewed zucchini and squash caviar, cooked without the addition of garlic and spices, are especially useful for stomach health.
7. Eggs . Eggs are rich in easily digestible protein, they contain a unique combination of trace elements and vitamins. With gastritis, boiled eggs or steam omelets will bring maximum benefit, and you should not get carried away with scrambled eggs for diseases of the digestive tract.
8. Honey . In most cases, the development of chronic gastritis is facilitated by the Helicobacter bacteria. To cope with them, you need to take drugs that destroy them. An effective natural antibiotic against infections is natural honey. It reduces inflammation of the stomach lining and strengthens the immune system.
9. Whole milk . For gastritis with high acidity, it is useful to drink whole milk, but not skim milk. It neutralizes the effect of gastric juice on the mucous membrane and relieves heartburn. Kefir, yogurt, sour cream and cottage cheese have the same effect if they are fresh and non-acidic. But with gastritis with low acidity, it is better to refrain from drinking milk, and you can eat fermented milk products as much as you want.