How can not a stomach ulcer be treated?
Unauthorized use of unconventional drugs or disdain for stomach ulcers will only aggravate the situation. Let’s look at how not to treat a stomach ulcer?
Revision of nutrition for stomach ulcers
Even patients who are accustomed to leading a healthy lifestyle are not immune to stomach ulcers. One of the first ways they can feel better is to change their diet. Experts prohibit:
- sharply and significantly reduce the calorie content of food;
- increase the breaks between meals (“hunger strike” under the strictest prohibition, on the contrary, the break should be no more than 3-4 hours);
- increase portions of dietary food;
- eat fatty and fried (“crusty”) dishes;
- foods with too high or too low temperatures (they inhibit the formation of enzymes and disrupt the restoration of gastric tissues);
- consume strong , highly carbonated and alcoholic drinks;
- use products that contribute to increased gas production or secretion of gastric juice (legumes, mushrooms, rich broths, sauerkraut, etc.);
- use the “neighbor’s diet” (each menu is developed individually, taking into account the characteristics of the patient’s body);
- take products that irritate the mucous membrane (sorrel, garlic, figs).
Such a strict diet is not a life sentence. During periods of remission , a short return to the usual diet is allowed under medical supervision.
Folk remedies for stomach ulcers
Many patients refer to the fact that alternative medicine is much more affordable and effective than conservative treatment. Preparations made from conventional products are distinguished by their natural origin and a minimum of side effects.
However, even the most famous and tried and tested home remedies can be harmful. For example, it is forbidden to use juice from potato tubers at an increased acidity level, and chaga mushroom in some cases causes an increase in nervous excitability. Therefore, each of the popular recipes requires agreement with a doctor before use. Moreover, stomach ulcers are not treated with alternative medicine.
Drug treatment for stomach ulcers
Numerous health articles, authored by leading gastroenterologists, call for careful adherence to the prescribed medication regimen. The main goal of conservative treatment is the complete elimination of pathogenic bacteria and the prevention of possible complications.
In modern therapy, 3 types of medicines are used:
- antihistamines and proton pump inhibitors;
- antibacterial drugs;
- gastroprotectors .
Treatment is carried out only in a complex and under the strict guidance of a gastroenterologist.